Service Desk Level 1 (On-site)
- Nutley, NJ
We at VelocIT are our client’s technology leaders. We accomplish this by cultivating leadership, creativity, and accountability in our teams. We encourage an open atmosphere that empowers the team to challenge each other, collaborate, and learn from one another. We’re looking for passionate leaders to join our family. How can you contribute?
VelocIT, a Managed Services Provider (MSP) with a focus on Leadership for small to medium-sized companies, is looking for a Level 1 support team member to address customer, provider, and employee issues. This individual needs to be detail-oriented and communicate effectively. Additionally, this individual must have excellent troubleshooting skills and understand problems and explain its solution efficiently.
· Be the frontline customer interface for all help desk tickets assigned
· Meet all Service Level Agreements (SLA) required by customer contract(s)
· Answer, evaluate, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, direct system entry by end-user, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, application, and other computer-related or peripheral technology
· Consult with user to collect information about problem and lead the customer through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of error
· Determine whether the problem is caused by hardware, software, licensing, or user error. Develop, implement, and fully complete actions that resolve the problem
· If the issue is of a routine or standard nature, ensure that internal documented procedures for configuration or resolution are followed
· Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems that exceed either skill or time-to-complete benchmarks to the Help Desk Manager or Tier 2 or 3 as defined by internal procedures
· Log and track calls using our ticket system, and maintain history records and related problem documentation
High School Diploma or equivalent
· Ability to lift 10 pounds
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
· Well organized
· Attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communications
· Technically Savvy
· Handle very diverse workload
· Autotask, IT Glue experience a plus
· Office 365
· Microsoft Teams
· ITIL Foundation Certification a plus
· Experience with Traction EOS a plus.
· This job operates in a professional office environment.
· Effectively work from home as needed.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· Core business hours are Monday thru Friday 8AM to 6PM.
· Ability to work extended hours as needed.
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with 100% match
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Company Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 3 Weeks’ vacation
· 9 Corporate Holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Reimbursements for mileage/training
· Annual Performance Reviews for increasing salary
Job Type: Full-time – On-Site in one of 3 locations (please specify in your submission)
Service Desk- Level 1- Cranbury
Service Desk- Level 1- Philadelphia( 3 days)/Hopewell(2 days)
Service Desk- Level 1- Nutley, NJ